Overnight restaurant fire ruled accidental | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A popular Southend restaurant is closed Wednesday morning because of an electrical fire.
"ADT called me, and I honestly thought it was a bugler alarm" said Amauris Morel, who's father owns the restaurant.
"I touched the glass, and it was warm, so I called 911 right away."
Firefighters got that call, and sent several engine companies to the Punta Cana restaurant, a popular establishment with a Caribbean flare.
South Boulevard was blocked off near Tyvola Road while crews made entry into the structure, and tried to find the source of all the smoke that was making it's way through the doors and windows.
Charlotte firefighters determined it was an accidental blaze, the cause looks to be an electrical problem.
According to investigators, there was close to fifty-thousand dollars in damage, but because the fire happened around midnight on Wednesday, there was no one inside, so there were no injuries.
Copyright 2012 - WBTV. All rights reserved.